GFB DV+ Suits Mini, Citroen & Peugeot Applications
Introducing the new DV+ for Mini, Citroën and Peugeot applications!
GFB’S DV+ SOLUTION COULDN’T BE SIMPLER - KEEP WHAT WORKS AND REPLACE WHAT DOESN’T.
- Uses factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
- Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines
- Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits
- Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost
GFB expands the DV+ range with a direct-fit solution for the weak factory diverter valve used on many European vehicles.
The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted valve is great- the ECU opens it faster than any pneumatic valve so why replace it? The weak point however, is the valve mechanism itself. GFB’s DV+ solves this problem by replacing the valve parts with an anodised billet aluminium housing, fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.
The end result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and it will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Read all about the DV+ story below. Other manufacturers’ products involve replacing the entire system with a traditional pneumatic valve. This approach requires long vacuum hose runs, additional parts for tapping into the intake manifold vacuum, plus a different solenoid valve to actuate the pneumatic valve, or a ballast resistor to plug into the OE wiring loom. All these additional items result in a product that is slower, less responsive, more expensive and takes much longer to install.
GFB’s DV+ solution on the other hand is more responsive, less expensive, easier to install, and doesn’t cause compressor surge/ turbo flutter. Oh, and it doesn’t require different springs or frequent re-builds either.
GET BETTER PERFORMANCE, FASTER BOOST RECOVERY AND DON’T PAY FOR WHAT YOU DON’T NEED!
The DV+ story: Better performance - more reliable
Many late-model European cars use ECU controlled solenoid-type diverter valves. This is a good concept because the valve can react very quickly and it only opens when it needs to.
However, there are some problems with these valves;
- The diaphragms are weak and known to rupture, especially if boost has been increased. Once this happens, the valve will no longer hold boost pressure.
- The plastic lip that surrounds the diaphragm is very thin and pieces can break off, potentially ending up going through the turbo.
Additionally, the solenoid on the OE diverter is directly connected to the valve mechanism, which is not ideal because neither it nor the return spring are strong enough to open and close the valve reliably at high boost.
With problems like this, you can see why other aftermarket manufacturers assume the best solution is to replace the factory diverter entirely, or change it to a purely pneumatic system. Unfortunately though, whilst their replacement kits might be stronger than the factory diverter, their slower response speed and lower flow do not justify the extra cost and complexity - more of a compromise than a solution.
GFB has taken a different approach to deliver a complete solution that solves existing problems and improves performance, without compromise or a hefty price tag.
The DV+ addresses the factory valve problems with a very simple and elegant solution. Keeping the factory solenoid, the DV+ retains all the benefits of the stock system. Also replacing the valve parts with indestructable metal components ensures strength and reliability, no matter how much boost you run.
That’s not all; rather than using the solenoid to directly actuate the valve, we’ve introduced a unique “pilot-actuation” system. This means the solenoid only has to control airflow through a small passage that is then used to open and close the piston (rather than opening and closing the piston directly), so it doesn’t matter how much boost you push through it, the DV+ will open and close reliably without ever exceeding the solenoid’s capability.
This feature also improves on the factory system by opening the valve progressively in response to boost pressure, so it only opens as much as required to get the job done (the factory valve simply opens and shuts, it cannot partially open if boost pressure is low), resulting in better throttle response.
- CITROEN C4 1.6 THP 155 B7 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 11/09-on
- CITROEN DS3 1.6 THP 155/200 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 04/10-07/15
- CITROEN DS4 1.6 THP 155/200 147kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 04/11-07/15
- CITROEN DS4 1.6 THP 155/200 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 04/11-07/15
- CITROEN DS4 1.6 THP 155/200 120kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 04/12-07/15
- CITROEN DS5 1.6 THP 155/200 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 11/11-07/15
- MINI Cooper S R56 N14 Engine only R56 128kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 10/06-01/11
- MINI John Cooper Works R56 N14 Engine only R56 155kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 03/08-11/13
- MINI Cooper S R57 N14 Engine only R57 128kw Petrol Engine FWD Convertible 03/09-on
- MINI John Cooper Works R57 N14 Engine only R57 155kw Petrol Engine FWD Convertible 03/08-on
- MINI Mini Clubman Cooper S R55 N14 Engine only R55 128kw Petrol Engine FWD Wagon 10/07-02/10
- MINI Mini Clubman John Cooper Works R55 N14 Engine only R55 155kw Petrol Engine FWD Wagon 03/08-08/12
- PEUGEOT 207 1.6 16V RC WA_, WC_ 128kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 02/07-on
- PEUGEOT 207 1.6 16V RC WA_, WC_ 110kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 02/06-on
- PEUGEOT 207 CC 1.6 16V WD_ 110kw Petrol Engine FWD Convertible 02/07-on
- PEUGEOT 3008 1.6 THP 115kw Petrol Engine FWD MPV 06/09-on
- PEUGEOT 508 1.6 THP 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Sedan 11/10-on
- PEUGEOT Peugeot 208 GTI 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 03/12-on
- PEUGEOT Peugeot 208 GTI 147kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 08/12-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 103kw Petrol Engine FWD Convertible 06/09-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 110kw Petrol Engine FWD Wagon 09/07-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Wagon 10/09-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 4A_, 4C_ 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 10/09-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 4A_, 4C_ 110kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 09/07-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 110kw Petrol Engine FWD Convertible 06/09-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Convertible 06/09-on
- PEUGEOT 308 1.6 THP 4A_, 4C_ 128kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 03/08-on
- PEUGEOT RCZ THP156 2010-on 115kw Petrol Engine FWD Coupe 03/10-on